Here’s how to make all three marmalades at once without losing your sanity.
This will take the best part of a day time you’ve drained every last bit of juice and goodness out the fruits but what a way to spend a day. The kitchen smells glorious throughout and you can wonder off while the fruit is simmering to do Christmasy things, all the while making gifts for many a loved one.ARG = Aperol & Red Grapefruit
GL = Gin & Lime
DRO = Dark Rum & Orange
In this order…
- DRO stage 1: whole oranges, large pan, water to cover, lid on, simmer 1½ – 2hrs til really soft
- ARG & GL stage 1: all that biz with the zest, juice, flesh, pips and membrane, water, boiled up then simmered for 1 hr
- DRO stage 2: oranges out to cool, 1.5ltr cooking water saved
- ARG & GL: jars sterilised
- ARG stage 2: fruit bundle out, sugar in, dissolve, boil 1hr, cool 10mins, aperol in, into jars, lids on
- GL stage 2: fruit bundle out, sugar in, dissolve, boil 1hr, cool 10mins, gin in, into jars, lids on
- DRO: jars sterilised
- DRO stage 3 prep oranges, water, juice, sugar, dissolve, boil 35mins, cool 10mins, rum in, into jars, lids on
Do stage 2 of each recipe separately, so you can lavish your love into each one / FOCUS.